Personal growth

So I was having a shower (a place where thoughts emerge) and I was thinking about how I used to be as a person when I started this blog and how I am now. I've experienced slow but steady growth and maturity but looking back it seems like a remarkable change. I understand now that although dentistry is a big part of my life it isn't my whole life. We don't live to work but work to live. For some, dentistry is a daily grind and a part of their life that it is necessary to tolerate. For others it is a major part of their life and they spend most of their waking time thinking about it. Most dentists will lie between the two. For me, dentistry serves as a metaphor for my life. As I have grown as a person, I have grown as a dentist. As I have matured in my personal life, I have matured in my work and will continue to do so. Maybe we should all take a step back and instead of focusing so hard on developing our careers, work on ourselves and watch things fall into place.

Comments